There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Like I have time for this...

I'm pretty standard, I have no real skills or specialized education that will enhance your life if you follow this blog, and I probably won't be disciplined enough to add posts on a regular basis. But everyone has a blog, and frankly I'm sort of jealous. And like the title reads, I'm just mediocre at everything I do, not especially great anything, but I have to believe at least some part of me is blog-worthy. I'll probably just use this as a way to document my life and the lives of my children, since my memory is so poor I can't tell you what I wore yesterday, let alone the weights, times, lengths, Apgars, etc, that so many mommies can spit out so easily.  I can't remember first words, funny kid-isms, or what you do to soothe a teething baby, although at this point I've had 4.

I used to keep diaries as a kid, and by the time I was in high school I had finished my 4th. So this should be cake--except now I'm 29, I live in a crazy house with a dog, a cat, 10 relatives representing 4 generations, I have a 5 year old son, a 3 year old daughter, and twin sons hitting 5 months next week. I really, really don't have time for a blog. The free time I do have is usually devoted to brushing my teeth or sweeping the dog hair and dirt that has accumulated and collected itself into balls and rolls around the house like tumbleweeds.  In fact my son pointed at one and said, "Look mom! The wild wild west!".  If I have only one baby awake I like to bounce him on my lap and check facebook. I love to look at my "friends" and their pages/posts, learning who is pregnant, who is engaged, who is promoted, who is traveling, who is too vile and crass to really be my friend in real life, whose babies are cuter than mine, etc.  I've recently discovered Pinterest and am just getting my feet wet with that, but it's another time consumer, so I don't get a chance to get on it too much. I also find it to be disappointing. I started pinning stuff to "My Dream Home", and it's just depressing seeing all the beautiful things that I wish were mine. Thou shalt not covet, Danielle.
Even now as I type I have my 3 year old Juliette behind me watching Strawberry Shortcake on Netflix, asking me to get her a "fink and snack". (blending consonants is hard.)  I utter something to her to let her know I've heard her, and continue to type as fast as my stubby fingers will go, knowing the baby monitor is going to start going off like a bomb any second.

I love to read. I like to write. I like to read stuff I've written.  My blog has the potential to entertain me more than it does any of you, and so be it. Let's blog!